Re: [nv-l] Web Console Telnet

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Web Console Telnet
From: jshanks@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:06:53 -0400
I am not certain that I understand.

You are expecting the NetView Web Console to provide a you with a telnet
session to another box?  Why would you expect such a thing?
On UNIX, telnet is provided by the operating system, so if they are now
using a UNIX box and you want them to use the web client, and they need a
telnet session to somewhere else, why would they not just open a new
command window and telnet from there?  If you are on a Windows box, then
why would you not use the Windows telnet facilty?  Is it because they
don't like it?   You can get others off the web, can't you?  We have used
freeware called PuTTy here.  Wnat a copy?  It runs on NT.

What kind of box are you using that needs this telnet capability?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
07/09/2002 03:51 PM