RE: [nv-l] Web Console Telnet

To: "'Westphal, Raymond'" <RWestphal@erac.com>, "NV List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Web Console Telnet
From: "Key, Chris" <Chris.Key@hq.doe.gov>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:06:03 -0400

Raymond,
Since you are using NV 7.1.2, the web console does have telnet support if locally installed on your workstation. It does not when run through an applet.

Direct your browser to http://yournetviewserver:8080/download
and download the client for your OS.

Install this and there is a new program group added to the Start menu (if Windows) named Tivoli NetView Web Console. This web-console supports Telnet. The telnet option is located under the "Object" menu of the console.

Chris