Re: [nv-l] trapd vs nvevents

To: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] trapd vs nvevents
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 10 Jul 2002 11:14:52 -0500
Cc: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
"Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com> writes:
> Next, you explanation is right on target and explains my situation.
> AND...as you guessed, the oid's I am having this problem with are CISCO
> Link_Up and Link_Down traps.  Is there a trapd.conf paradigm for this?  I
> don't quite know why Cisco chose to send the traps like they do.  Any
> discussions on this?

I believe Cisco devices send these snmp generic traps using hte OID of
the device itself.  This allows you do to different things for
differnt types of devices when a linkdn traps comes in.

But the tradeoff is that you have specifically add support for each
device you add (which we do anyway, though).

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/