Re: [nv-l] ems_sieve_agent and tecad_nv6k processes will not start

To: <s.hammons@ais-nms.com>, nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ems_sieve_agent and tecad_nv6k processes will not start
From: jshanks@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:24:41 -0400
Scott -

Someone has been fooling around on your system and importing things from
UNIX to your NT system which cannot work there.
This is a no-no.  The products are different.  It appears to me that your
ovsuf file is corrupt.  I hope you have a backup.  If not, then perhaps
you should re-install.   No telling what else is messed up.    But if it
will help you out, I will attach a base copy.   If you have further
problems, I would call Support.

Your first problem is that there is no ems_sieve_agent for the Windows NT
product, nor pmd, so that is your first error.   These daemons only exist
on UNIX.  So this would be a UNIX version of the ovsuf file and not the NT
one.

Your second is that there is something else wrong with your ovsuf file,
and ovspmd cannot get past it.  Probably an error introduced by bringing
it over from UNIX.  Here's a base NT version with the tecad already added.
 Try this.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Scott Hammons" <s.hammons@ais-nms.com>
07/12/2002 10:36 AM
Please respond to s.hammons