[nv-l] ems_sieve_agent and tecad_nv6k processes will not start

To: "IBM NetView Discussion" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] ems_sieve_agent and tecad_nv6k processes will not start
From: "Scott Hammons" <s.hammons@ais-nms.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:36:15 -0500
hello listers,

Environment:  Windows NT 4.0 sp 6a
              Framework 3.7.1
              TEC 3.7.1
              NetView 7.1

First, my ems_sieve_agent process is showing as UNSTARTABLE.  When I try to
start it manually I receive the following error:

ems_sieve_agent:  dependcy pmd not found

Also, I'm attempting to integrate NetView with TEC.  Created the
tecad_nv6k.exe file by copying tecad_nv6k_tme.exe file.  Registered the
/usr/ov/lrf/tecad_nv6k.lrf file with NetView by using the ovaddobj command.
(Basically I followed the directions as stated in the User's guide).

When trying to start the tecad_nv6k.lrf file receive the following:

D:\usr\ov\bin\ovspmd.exe: /usr/ov/conf/ovsuf: object manager OVs_YES_START:
no executable:
invalid initial start flag -cd

Here what my tecad_nv6k.lrf file looks like:

tecad_nv6k:/usr/OV/bin/tecad_nv6k:
OVs_YES_START:trapd,ovwdb,ovtopmd,nvcold:-c
/usr/OV/conf/tecad_nv6k.conf:OVs_WELL_BEHAVED:120:

I've tried rebooting the stop and restarting the process several times and
rebooting the server but have had no luck.

Thanks in advance for the help

Scott Hammons, Senior Consultant
Tivoli Certified Consultant
Advanced Integrated Solutions, Inc.