[nv-l] TRAPD.LOG - archival

To: "nv-l" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] TRAPD.LOG - archival
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:53:21 -0500
I am looking for the best way to maintain my trapd.log - I see there is an
option for a "maintenance" script server setup. I want to keep several
iterations of the log so history is available further back then whats in the
current trapd.log. Any recommendations? The problem is Cisco (yah, go figure)
sending in "Syslog" traps for EVERYTHING (content switches, firewalls, routers
etc.) - I have no easy way to keep them out of the log (I can't filter syslog
traps I need some of them but not all of them in the log)