Re: [nv-l] WEB ENABALED INTERFACE

To: "Murray, Jeffrey S" <MurrayJS@aetna.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] WEB ENABALED INTERFACE
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 18 Jul 2002 13:31:20 -0500
Cc: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
"Murray, Jeffrey S" <MurrayJS@aetna.com> writes:
> Compaq Insite Manager Web Enabled interface gets discovered when a server is
> defined in Netview (6.03). If I stop the Daemon CPQDIS and rediscover the
> server the Web Interface does not get discovered.

Perhaps the web interface falls out of the ipAddrTable of the SNMP MIB
when that deamon is brought down?   If you compare an snmpwalk of the
device with and without the daemon being up, that may lend additional
insight.

> My question is, can we run with both Daemons CPQDIS and CPQTRAPD
> down ie; not running, with out causing problems. We are using Compaq
> Insight Manager 2.1.

Without specific CIM experience, I'll defer to others in the group.  I
imagine the answer depends on what you mean by "without causing
problems."

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/