[nv-l] router visible but no data collection

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] router visible but no data collection
From: mgaouar@ssss.gouv.qc.ca
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:52:19 -0400
Hi all,

environment : Netview 602 ; SunOS 5.8
My remote site is linked by frame-relay( 512k)  to a main router ( ATM PVC
to my
remote site )
On my remote site :
When I access my router ( Cisco 1005, IOS 11.2(14) ), I can see all MIB
variables.In the case of  "interfaces.IfTable" ,I have a result : 1
Ethernet0  csma-cd ,2 Serial Frame-relay 5120000 and a lot of different
values, 3 Loopback,  4 Serial 0.17 Frame relay  512000 with no values ).All
interfaces are up/up.
2 problems :
1 If I try to make data collection by Netview , I can't ; snmpCollect is
running ; at the tail of snmpCol.trace , I read "Could not get
sysUptime...."
2 My router is watched by my console and by another console at Quebec : I
see in my  trapd.log that this router   could sometimes lost contact BUT
only my console notice this point ! No event, no treshold, just data
collection for Bandwidth and avgbusy5

I don't know how to do to have significant data collection for ATM
interfaces , if I want to know what is the bandwidth to my remote site.

Thank's for everyone