[nv-l] Firewall CPU performance

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Firewall CPU performance
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:17:16 -0500
NetView v7.1.2 on Solaris 2.8

With the release of v6.2.2 of the Cisco PIX firewall I am having trouble collecting some new mib data. The snmpwalk that works with the data I want in it:

snmpwalk <pixfirewallname> .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109

Here is the sample:

#  snmpwalk <pixfirewallname>.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109

cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoProcessMIB.ciscoProcessMIBObjects.cpmCPU.cpmCPUTotalTable.cpmCPUTotalEntry.cpmCPUTotalPhysicalIndex.1 : INTEGER 0
cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoProcessMIB.ciscoProcessMIBObjects.cpmCPU.cpmCPUTotalTable.cpmCPUTotalEntry.cpmCPUTotal5sec.1 : Gauge: 0
cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoProcessMIB.ciscoProcessMIBObjects.cpmCPU.cpmCPUTotalTable.cpmCPUTotalEntry.cpmCPUTotal1min.1 : Gauge: 0
cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoProcessMIB.ciscoProcessMIBObjects.cpmCPU.cpmCPUTotalTable.cpmCPUTotalEntry.cpmCPUTotal5min.1 : Gauge: 0

The last entry - cpmCPUTotal5min is the one I want but I can't drill down that far in xnmcollect. Here is the relavent comments from Cisco's web page:

MIBs supported since PIX Firewall version 6.2

CISCO-PROCESS-MIB-V1SMI.my Note: the supported section of the PROCESS mib is the cpmCPUTotalTable branch of the cpmCPU branch of the ciscoProcessMIBObjects branch. There is no support for the ciscoProcessMIBNotifications branch, ciscoProcessMIBconformance branch nor 2 tables - cpmProcessTable and cpmProcessExtTable - in the cpmProcess branch of the ciscoProcessMIBObjects branch of the mib.
CISCO-FIREWALL-MIB-V1SMI.my Note: the FIREWALL mib contains 2 branches - the cfwSystem branch and the cfwEvents branch. The PIX only supports the cfwSystem branch of the mib.
CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB.my
CISCO-SYSLOG-MIB-V1SMI.my
RFC1213-MIB.my (System and Interfaces groups only)

So, anyone have any ideas on how I do this? If I extend the walk to  snmpwalk <pixfirewallname>.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1 I still get the entire table back. Obviously on xnmcollect it is greyed out and I cannot click apply or okay.