Re: [nv-l] MIB Application Builder Question.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB Application Builder Question.
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:16:23 -0400
This is what I said before:
There is no relationship between the menu of the server and the web client.

You may now add some things to the web client interface, but I don't think
xnmgraph applications is one of them. To add things to the web client at
7.1.1 you need to call support and ask them for the patch that allows this.
Then you must code your application so that it can be called from the
commandline, and its output must be of a kind that can be viewed in a
browser
instance.

What I meant is this: MIB Applications that you create on the server
will not show on the web client. There is no MIB application builder for
the web client. What you did on the server is correct. Your expectation
that you will see it on the web client is incorrect.

Detroit

                      Anabella_Gonzalez@

                      banesco.com               To:       Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                                                cc:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      08/12/2002 11:15          Subject:  Re: [nv-l] MIB
Application Builder Question.
                      AM

Hi All.

Thanks Very Much for your answer Leslie.

We created using Mib Application Builder in the Tools--> Mib Application
Builder: SNMP ...  menu  and select the opcion --> Add Mib Application, in
the input field Menu Path we set Monitor-->System Information --> FreeMem
and we select the mib variable FreeMem, this add a new opcion in the
Monitor Menu on Netview Server, we test it, and work perfectly, but when we
launch Web Console this opcion doesn´t  appears, in the Monitor Menu.

We need know if this is posible.

Greetings  and Regards.

Anabella G.