Re: [nv-l] Sending Unix events from DM to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Sending Unix events from DM to TEC
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:14:00 -0500
Rusdy,

There is no Tivoli-supplied solution for this.    The good thing is that
both products are extensionable....so you can "roll" your own solution.

A quick sample --
1.  On NetView configure a "new" enterprise for your DM traps.   Along with
a couple of trap numbers.
2.  Create a script that can generate SNMP traps (using function from
NetView).
3.   In DM setup an automatic response to call that script with approprate
parameters.

this should get you headed into the right direction.

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-9326

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                      Rusdyanto

                      Tardjono                 To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      <Rusdyanto@MULTIP        cc:

                      OLAR.CO.ID>              Subject:  [nv-l] Sending Unix
events from DM to TEC

                      08/13/2002 04:06

                      AM

Hi,

I have a question and hope someone can help me.

How do I send DM's events to NetView? For example, I want a device on
NetView to be updated its status as a result from DM event.

I'm running TMR 3.7, DM 3.7, NetView 7.1. All of them are running on
Windows 2000 Server.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Rusdy