Re: [nv-l] MIB Loading?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB Loading?
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:14:31 -0400
It would helpful when you ask such questions if you mention the version of
NetView (7.1, 7.1.1, etc) you have and also on what platform.
Generally, such a message would indicate a problem with the MIB.  I am not
certain what exactly you man by "macro" in reference to this.  Perhaps you
should post the part of the MIB that causes the error.

Offhand, I would say that there is no need to load anything called
"SNMPv2-SMI.my" because the loader already has all the general SNMP
definitions it needs.  This is not like SMICng compiler where you have to
load a ton of include files to compile anything.  The only things you
should need to load would be vendor MIBS -- not definitions -- unless you
got a prior error message that said they were missing.

Also, you would be wise to rename anything you want to load to "*.mib" as
the java loader is sensitive to that.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

D T <dtmitre@yahoo.com>
08/15/2002 11:37 AM