Re: [nv-l] incorrect status colors

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] incorrect status colors
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:09:30 -0500
Each NetView user has their own map database.   There are some old APARs on
NetView 5.1 that were similar, if not the same about this.   I doubt if you
are finding a new problem.    That is, if the status icons are for
Interfaces or Nodes.

You say you have polling customized daemons for these icons....then all
bets are off.   It is not netmon or ipmap problem, it is your application
that is having a problem.   ipmap will not sync status of icons that are
not NetView owned and maintained.   I have written applications like this
and you have to run an "ipmap" like daemon as part of your NetView client
to sync the icon status with the object status in the database.   Have you
simply tried to "kill" that daemon, which the NetView client should
automatically restart?   When it comes up, it should sync the status and
your map should now be happy.      If you don't have that kind of daemon
running....hmmm....then how is the app updating status on the map for hte
non-IP symbols?

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-9326

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com