Re: [nv-l] NetView and Cnat

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView and Cnat
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:40:32 -0500
Luiz,

Since CNAT is performing as a router, I don't see how it can talk to two
different overlapping address ranges.   Am I mistaken by what you asked?

If you have two subnets that have overlapping ranges I thought you would do
one of 2 options.   Subnet A gets managed by NetView directly, subnet B
gets addresses changed by CNAT so they are no longer overlapping.   Or,
you could put a CNAT in front of subnet A and a second CNAT in front of
subnet B.   Their NATed networks would not be overlapping in the
configurations.

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-9326

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com