RE: [nv-l] Multiple Map Madness

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Multiple Map Madness
From: "Gow Kevin (KTSO 4)" <kevin.gow@csfs.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:38:01 +0200
Interesting idea Scott. This calls for SNMP standards...
Now that opens up a whole other can of worms :)

>From the Web Console Users Guide v 7, on pg 49:

> A scope is defined by a set of top level locations and networks.

> Scope is used by the Submap Explorer as follows:
> - The only map enabled for viewing is the Default map.
> - The Root submap contains only those networks and locations that are within
> scope. This submap uses a row and column layout style, which means that
> SmartSet submaps cannot be displayed.

I think I am missing the point somewhere along the line. Are you saying, that
when
"small network group" want to see their stuff, they open the default map as
normal,
but they only see the stuff that belongs to them? Will they see it in the main
map,
or everything collected in one smart-set?  Are you basing their scope on the
smartset?