Re: [nv-l] Netview forwarding events to TEC

Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview forwarding events to TEC
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:03:32 +0100
Mike,
Your NetView on Solaris has the nvserverd TEC adapter as part of it.  You configure it from serversetup -> Configure -> Configure Event Forwarding to TEC.  This creates a file /usr/OV/conf/tecint.conf.  The fields you supply are whether to forward events, which events to forward (done via a NetView ruleset, use forwardall.rs as a test to get started), where your TEC is (hostname or IP address), and the TEC port number.  Depending on your exact version of NV, you may not have this port field (it's there in 7.1.2).  If your TEC is on NT, the port field is important and is 5529 by default.  If you don't get this field in the GUI, edit the tecint.conf file to add
   ServerPort=5529
To make the nvserverd daemon reread tecint.conf, use:
  nvtecia -reload

Customise what you want to forward from NV to TEC via a NV ruleset.

Cheers,
Jane

"Good, Michael" wrote:

We are currently running Netview 7.1 on Solaris 8.  Here's my task at hand.  Besides Netview, we are also using MRTG as a reporting tool.  MRTG and Netview are on Unix boxes.  What we want to do is when a threshold is exceeded in MRTG we want it to then send a trap to the Netview box.  Then we want Netview to send it to TEC which is on a NT box.  I'm hoping generating the trap to Netview is not going to be difficult.  My main question is the second part, how do I pass that event or trap to TEC then?

Any help on either parts of the question would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights reserved.