Re: [nv-l] SNMP v2 trap formatting

To: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP v2 trap formatting
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 09 Oct 2002 08:20:42 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
"Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov> writes:

> AIX 4.3.3 and Netview 7.1.1
>
> I am still unclear on why is it that I am able to see a SNMP v2 trap come in
> to a generic SNMP Manager in the proper format with all the expected
> information, while I am unable to get that in Netview? I have SNMP v2 traps
> from various vendors (Veritas, CypherOptics, etc.) that I am not receiving
> with all pertinent information. What am I missing here?

Have you run the relevant addtrap commands for these various traps?

If you have mib files, a rudimentary addtrap command script can be
formed using /usr/OV/bin/mib2trap   This program also has a man page.
You may have to concatenate the mib files with other dependent mib
files  so mib2trap can create the entire OID.

Note also that if you are using NetView Mid-level Manager as part of
your solution, MLM does not support SNMPv2 PDU's.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/