Re: [nv-l] SNMP v2 trap formatting

To: "Jerald Jackson" <Jerald.Jackson@bcbsnc.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP v2 trap formatting
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:37:02 -0400
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Indeed, perhaps there is a bug as you suggest.
But then a call to Support is in order, for that is how that determination
is made.
I am not being facetious.
You and Mr . Qureshi, who has posted here before but apparently is not
getting the answers he wishes, are welcome to get other user opinions if
you like, but bugs must be reported to Support through formal channels or
they will not be addressed. As it says at the bottom of every posting:
        *NOTE*
        This is not an Official Tivoli Support forum. If you need
immediate
        help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548).

If you want someone at Tivoli to pursue an issue for you, then you must
open a formal problem to Support.  I, and other IBM/Tivoli employees, are
allowed to volunteer answers here, but we do so unofficially.  We are
specifically forbidden to take user problems and issues off this list. All
customer support issues must be tracked in the official fashion.  That's
the way it works.

I sincerely hope this helps.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Jerald Jackson" <Jerald.Jackson@bcbsnc.com>
10/09/2002 10:15 AM