[nv-l] pingList

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] pingList
From: "Chang, Mei" <MChang@tiaa-cref.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:55:53 -0400
Hi,

Our Network Support is very sensitive to the ping traffic. Some of our
workstations were pinged by Netview last Friday.  When they called me, I
turned on the netmon trace, and confirmed that netview was pinging some
workstations.  I dumped the pingLists and the workstations' IP addresses
were there. I then stopped netmon, ran ovtopofix -a and ovmapcount -a ,
restart netmon, the pingList was accurate then.

Does anyone have answer for this? Does anyone  know of any write-up
regarding pingList?

My Netview environment:

*       AIX 4.3.3, Netview 6.0.3

*       New Node Discovery was off.

*       netmon.seed contains Network Device sysNames, Cisco and Nortel
Vendor Object IDs, and sets of HSRP Add Network folks
            provided.   NO IP ADDRESS RANGE was used on netmon.seed.

Thanks in advance.

Mei Chang

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies.  You are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on
it, is strictly prohibited.
TIAA-CREF