RE: [nv-l] Cut & pasted objects are user objects

To: "'Olson, Stephen'" <stolson@state.pa.us>, "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cut & pasted objects are user objects
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:48:41 -0400

Stephen,
You didn't say where you were cutting from and pasting to...
It sounds like you have broken a rule.
There are rules regarding what objects you can cut and paste and where you can cut and paste them.
You can only cut and paste network (and router) symbols at the IP Internet level.
This means that a network can only be cut and pasted to/from Location containers and the main IP Internet submap.  Also, If you have a network defined in location.conf it will also go user plane if you put it where it does not belong.  One last thing, Thou shalt not cut and paste to or from a SmartSet.

If you haven't broken any of these rules, call support.

Don Davis