[nv-l] MLM snmpv2 support?

To: "<"<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] MLM snmpv2 support?
From: "Jerald Jackson" <Jerald.Jackson@bcbsnc.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:10:01 -0400
Sorry if this has been covered before.  I am new to
the list and to NetView.

I am trying to find a solution to forward snmpv2 traps
from within a DMZ (firewall)
to my NetView server.  These particular traps are from
Veritas Cluster Server.  I initially
attempted to use TEC's snmpagent, which doesn't
support snmpv2.  I then
noticed that our networking group had moved to HP
Openview and we had a NetView
license I could use.  After working with NetView for a
few days, I was impressed by
what capabilities it had and by the fact that it does
support snmpv2.  I figured I could
place an MLM in each DMZ with ports 161 and 162 opened
back to the NetView server
and have a management window into each DMZ.

After several weeks of meetings convincing the
firewall folks that having the ports opened was a good
thing,
I install and configure the MLM, only to discover that
 MLM DOES NOT SUPPORT SNMPV2.

Tivoli support suggested installing a Netview server
within each DMZ or opening ports 161 and 162
from each DMZ client back to the NetView server....

Would anyone have a "reasonable" suggestion for how to
forward these events?

Perhaps HP Openview has a solution....

Jerald Jackson