Re: [nv-l] Physical Address?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Physical Address?
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:21:08 -0500
This is one of the subtle differences between NetView for Windows and
NetView for Unix.   Netview for Windows has logic for DHCP addresses.    I
don't know if they logic got into UNIX for 7.x

Option 1: I wonder what NetView for UNIX would do if you had the netmon
seed file think that this address is HSRP.

Option 2: Another option would be to change xnmsnmpconf so that it cleaned
up these addresses faster.  I think the default is 7 days.   I would think
that the DHCP addresses fall into a specific network.   Change the 7 days
to something that matches your address lease.   (deleting down
interfaces/nodes)

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-9326

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com