RE: [nv-l] Cursed Cisco Trap Formats

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cursed Cisco Trap Formats
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:15:56 -0500
Once again GREAT idea. However see my original post

We do NOT used command for automatic action we use rulesets. In an action node
I can call the script (which I do) but the trap data is not passed as command
line arguments, it exists as environment variables and I have no way to know
how many environment variables exist.

I'm not adverse to scripting. I have already tackled a number of other issues
this way - the problem I have is determining how many variables are the trap
environment data when I call my script to handle the variable format trap.