RE: [nv-l] Cursed Cisco Trap Formats

To: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cursed Cisco Trap Formats
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:46:58 -0400
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
It might help if at the front of your script you just get 'em all and echo
them out.   Then you could see them.
What we are counting is just the NVATTRs only (not all the environment
vars, like NVA).
There should always be three more than what the trap actually sends. So if
your trap sends 5 variables, then NVATTR_COUNT should be 8:
NVATTR_1  through NVATTR_5 will be what the the trap sends, NVATTR_6 will
be the category expressed as an integer, NVATTR_7 will be the source id
expressed as a string (e.g. "A"), and NVATTR_8 will be the severity
expressed as an integer.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
10/03/2002 04:29 PM