RE: [nv-l] NVSNIFFER Capabilities

To: peter.yang@lmco.com, jfitz@Princeton.EDU, s.hammons@ais-nms.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NVSNIFFER Capabilities
From: DSullinger@dot.state.az.us
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:17:57 -0700
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Snoop works nice in Solaris, but you can go to www.sunfreeware.com and pick up Ethereal for Solaris and it will give you a nice interface and filtering options.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yang, Peter [mailto:peter.yang@lmco.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 9:19 AM
To: 'Jeff Fitzwater'; Scott Hammons
Cc: IBM NetView Discussion

Another idea if you are on AIX or Solaris,

1. On AIX, use iptrace tool. see iptrace, ipreport man page on AIX.
2. On Solaris , use snoop  tool. see man page on snoop on Solaris.

 They come with the system and worked very well for me in the past.

Do not know the corresponding tools on other operating system platforms.