Re: [nv-l] Interface down variable

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Interface down variable
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:21:50 -0500
I don't know where you are getting $IPADDRESS from, but
I do know that varbind 4 in Netview interface events contains
4 words, the first of which is the IP Address of the interface
referred to in varbind 3, the message. In an Action called
by a Netview ruleset on Unix, this information is in
$NVATTR_3 for varbind 3, and $NVATTR_4 for varbind 4.
In 7.1.3, there are a bunch of new variable bindings, including
a separate one of the address. Hooray!

Detroit

                      bducharme@avdl.co

                      m                        To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                                               cc:

                      11/15/2002 02:08         Subject:  [nv-l] Interface down
variable
                      PM

Hi,

Is there someone that know the variable that is use to get the name or
ipaddress of an interface that get down in Netview ?
We are running a perl script, and i want to be able to get the ipadress of
the interface that get down in a router.
I use the $IPADDRESS but this is always the address of the router node.

Ben