Re: [nv-l] RFI Router marginal?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] RFI Router marginal?
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:25:16 -0500
Yes, I believe it should, at least in passing. Possible there is a Router
Up
that follows it. Possibly it is Log Only? Or possibly that interface is
still
managed somewhere in some other map? Try running ovmapcount -a
to see if there is a discrepancy in the number of maps the things are
managed in.  I find Router Marginal to be ambiguous so I don't use it
in rulesets, generally.

Detroit

                      "James Brunke"

                      <jbrunke@ctsgi.co        To:
<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      m>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] RFI Router
marginal?
                      11/04/2002 10:31

                      AM

Netview V7.1.2 on Windows 2K.

I have downstream routers with inactive interfaces I have unmanaged in
Netview.  When a primary upstream router goes down, RFI does it's job
and reports the downstream routers Unreachable and the upstream router
either marginal or down.  But when the upstream router comes back up,
Netview is reporting the downstream routers as Router marginal.  Since
all of the managed interfaces are up, shouldn't it be reporting Router
up?

Is this a bug?

Thanks, Jim

James Brunke