RE: [nv-l] Changing label of node

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Changing label of node
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:29:57 -0500
Lately I have been having fun acting on events when new nodes appear
in the map, using a ruleset to update the /etc/hosts file and demandpoll
the node. I'll bet you could get Netview to automatically do that when
the failover occurrs. If it flaps a lot, though, it could get ugly.

Detroit

                      bernard.baudoux@for

                      tisbank.com                To:
"'jeff.ctr.vandenbussche@faa.gov'" <jeff.ctr.vandenbussche@faa.gov>
                                                 cc:
"'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      11/05/2002 04:29 AM        Subject:  RE: [nv-l] Changing
label of node

Hello Jeff,

to modify the label of a symbol in Netview you can do as follows:

right click on the given symbol, then left click on 'Edit',
'Modify/Describe', 'Symbol'.
Then a window "Symbol Description" is displayed and there you can write
anything you want as a label.
Beware this applies only to the symbol on which you have right clicked.
If there are other instances of that symbol you must repeat this as many
times as necessary.

Hope this helps,
Bernard Baudoux,
Fortis Banque.