RE: [nv-l] Changing label of node

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Changing label of node
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:42:47 -0500
-- Code snippet ... some logic has been removed, please dont attempt to
compile

You can look at the API calls and determine how they best fit your needs.

Best of luck,
Jason

--------------

## I added '##' comments to places you may want to look at

  if (symbol_list == NULL) {
    printf("symbol_status_cbCB - symbol_list passed is NULL\n");
  } else {
    if (symbol_list->count > 0) {

      for (i = 0; i < symbol_list->count; i++) {

        // Is the Status being set Marginal or Critical
        if (symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_status == ovwMarginalStatus ||
            symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_status == ovwCriticalStatus) {

          // Is this a symbol on the Ack Submap
          ack_submap_id = get_ack_submap_id(map);
          if (ack_submap_id != symbol_list->symbols[i].submap_id) {

            ## Check symbol label against string
            if (strstr(symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_label,
                       ICU_STRING)
                != NULL) {

              // Is this symbol attmepting to be cleared
              if (strstr(symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_label,
                         CLEARED_SYMBOL_STRING)
                  == NULL) {

                // Save off new_symbol_status
                new_object_status = symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_status;

                // Change the Symbol Name while the clear Ack is occuring
                // so we know not to attempt to change statuses when
                // setting the final status
                ## I dont like using malloc, but anyway ... create new
string
                original_symbol_label =
strdup(symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_label);
                cleared_symbol_label =
                  (char *)
malloc(strlen(symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_label) +
                  1 + strlen(CLEARED_SYMBOL_STRING));
                strcpy(cleared_symbol_label,
symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_labe
l);
                strcat(cleared_symbol_label, CLEARED_SYMBOL_STRING);

                ## Set the symbol label
                ret = OVwSetSymbolLabel(map,
                                        symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_id,
                                        cleared_symbol_label);

                ## Always check return status
                if (ret != 0) {
                  printf("symbol_status_cbCB - OVwSetSymbolLabel failed:
%s\n",
                    OVwErrorMsg(OVwError()));
                }

                ## Change parent objects status
                // Set the Status of this Symbols Object to ovwNormalStatus
to clear
                // the Acked Status above, if any.
                ret = OVwSetStatusOnSymbol(map,

symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_id,
                                           ovwNormalStatus);

                if (ret != 0) {
                  printf("symbol_status_cbCB - OVwSetStatusOnObject 1
failed: %s
\n",
                    OVwErrorMsg(OVwError()));
                }
                ## If you have gotten to this point, tell me why I set
'Normal Status' then set to new_object_status?
                // Set the status of this Symbols Object to the original
status
                ret = OVwSetStatusOnSymbol(map,

symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_id,
                                           new_object_status);

                if (ret != 0) {
                  printf("symbol_status_cb - OVwSetStatusOnObject 2 failed:
%s\n
",
                    OVwErrorMsg(OVwError()));
                }

                ## Remove added tag to symbol.
                // Set the Symbol Label back by removing the cleared
                // symbol string
                ret = OVwSetSymbolLabel(map,
                                        symbol_list->symbols[i].symbol_id,
                                        original_symbol_label);

                if (ret != 0) {
                  printf("symbol_status_cbCB - OVwSetSymbolLabel failed:
%s\n",
                    OVwErrorMsg(OVwError()));
                }
              } // End of if Cleared Symbol string