RE: [nv-l] demand poll (any NetView )

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] demand poll (any NetView )
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:03:06 -0500
I've never seen one. If snmpCollect loses snmp contact with a node,
it just writes it in snmpCol.trace and schedules a retry. That's the one
place where I've always wanted to see notification of the agent failing.

If you are doing status polling via SNMP, then the node status will
reflect the status of the snmp agent. It is probably not a good idea,
however, to poll your entire network via SNMP.

You might look into the nvsniffer function to monitor this. See
the man page.

Detroit

                      "Dejan Mijailovic"

                      <dejan.mijailovic@i        To:
<dejan.mijailovic@inquent.com>, <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      nquent.com>                cc:

                                                 Subject:  RE: [nv-l] demand
poll (any NetView )
                      11/05/2002 04:32 PM

                      Please respond to

                      dejan.mijailovic

I have also noticed that there is no trap specific number "58982409" >>NO
SNMP response<< in the trapd.conf.
But it is supposed to be there based on trapd man page.
This is basically, what am I asking for.

Dejan Mijailovic
InQuent Technologies Inc.