RE: [nv-l] adding events to Netview

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] adding events to Netview
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:50:23 -0500
Robin,

We used the Ack facility for a bit.  I needed to write some 'messy'
callbacks for it to work how we wanted it to work on our system.  It sounds
like the same sort of issue you are having.  Before I can make
recommendations though, can you tell me a bit more about what you are trying
to do?

For example, our problem was that we wanted our operators to acknowledge a
container icon on the top level map.  We wanted the Ack to be removed when
-any- status changed underneath.  As it turned out, if the object below the
container went from ovwCriticalStatus -> ovwMarginalStatus, nothing
happened, the top level remained Acked.  While if the underneath object
changed to ovwNormalStatus, the upper level Container would show the status
change.  The "monitor_ack" API app I wrote -changed- this so any lower level
status change would be reflected up the map thus removing the Acknowledged
status.

Thanks,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer