[nv-l] default smartsets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] default smartsets
From: "Francois Le Hir" <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:04:53 -0500
Chris,

I just checked on my server and I see no smartset defined by TSA.
Unless something is wrong with my setup I believe there is no smartset
created during installation.

Thanks,
Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 205 6695
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:11:57 -0500
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: default smartsets

Unless some user with Switch Analyzer wants to post or send you the output
of "nvUtil  G" I think you are out of luck, unless you call Support.

The NetView default smartsets are few and easy to recover.  For years the
only ones we shipped were "NetViews" and "Routers" which are just built on
the attributes, isManager=TRUE and isRouter=TRUE respectively.  My 7.1.3
test systems also have "Cisco Devices" where the rule is ("vendor" =
"cisco Systems") and that's the end of it.  Anything else you had was
installed by the Switch Analyzer, and I know very little about that.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Cowan, Christopher" <Christopher_Cowan@sra.com>
11/27/2002 10:42 AM