Re: [nv-l] How can I delete an object from the databases with no icon in

Subject: Re: [nv-l] How can I delete an object from the databases with no icon in the map?
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 20:47:22 +0000
A neat trick proposed by Don Davis some time back is to create a SmartSet to include your rogue node(s). They should then appear down the SmartSet hierarchy and you can delete them from all submaps from all maps. (You did ensure that the icons didn't exist in other maps, didn't you?? You need to open each map and delete a node from all submaps - it's only when it is deleted from the last submap in the last map that it gets deleted from the object database).
Cheers,
Jane

Zimmer, Iris, VIS-THSM wrote:

Hi,

I have a question to NetView 7.1.1 on AIX. There is the following situation:
I have an object in the databases (I can see it with ovobjprint or
ovtopodump), but no icon for the object in the map. What can I do to delete
the object from the databases?

Thank you for help!

Kind regards

Iris Zimmer