Re: [nv-l] How can I delete an object from the databases with no icon in

To: "Zimmer, Iris, VIS-THSM" <iris.zimmer@vodafone.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How can I delete an object from the databases with no icon in the map?
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:09:56 -0500
Cc: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

Do you have more than one map (any additional maps besides "default") ? You need to delete the symbol from all submaps in ALL maps before it will be completely removed from the Object and Topology databases.

If you only have one map and can't "Locate" a symbol on the map for this object, then create a smartset for just this object (so choose an appropriate attribute to catch it). Once created, open the new smartset and delete the object from all submaps. This should get rid of the object from the ObjectDB and TopoDB. Then you can go back into your Smartset editor and remove the custom smartset.

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"Zimmer, Iris, VIS-THSM" <iris.zimmer@vodafone.com>

12/02/2002 07:52 AM