[nv-l] Inline Action in Rulesets

To: "NV List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Inline Action in Rulesets
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:20:09 -0600
Hello Everyone

NetView 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3 ML10.

I'm trying to prevent node down events for several nodes from reaching TEC.
I placed an Inline Action Node in the event stream. It simply greps for
NodeA or NodeB in $NVATTR_2. If it is not found - the grep fails, then the
return code is 1 and the event should be forwarded.

This doesn't work in the TEC forwarding rule but it does work in another
ruleset controlled by actionsvr. I use the same method in an actionsvr
(ESE.automation) ruleset. If the Inline Action grep fails, then the event is
not sent to the next node, an Action node, which echoes some environment
variables to a file.

Any changes I make to TEC forwarding is resetting the nvserverd daemon. I
get the popup warning about nvserverd down.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car