Re: [nv-l] Inline Action in Rulesets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Inline Action in Rulesets
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:16:34 -0500

The mistake I usually make when using inline actions is that
I forget to increase the wait time from 0 to1. If the wait time
is 0, the action succeeds regardless. It is not entirely logical,
but it is documented in the online help. So check your two
rules to see if you really filled in that box the same way
in both of them.

Detroit

                      James

                      Shanks/Raleigh/IB        To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      M@IBMUS                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [nv-l] Inline
Action in Rulesets
                      12/02/2002 10:47

                      AM

I am guessing here and you may have to call Support to get someone to look
at your issues in more detail.

(1) Is the Event Stream node in your TEC ruleset set to PASS or BLOCK.
I'll bet it's PASS and the one in ESE.automation is BLOCK.
If that's not it, then I am mystified and my guess is that you will have
to turn on the "nvcdebug -d all" trace and call Support.

(2) If you use serversetup or smitty to alter the tecint.conf, then it
automatically stops and restarts the nvserverd daemon every time you click
"OK".

If you want to leave nvserverd up and running, then you will have to edit
the tecint.conf file by hand and use the nvtecia command (see the man
page) to cause nvserverd to stop/reload the tecint.conf.

Hope this helps.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
12/02/2002 10:20 AM