[nv-l] nvdbimport - setting StringType fields to null

Subject: [nv-l] nvdbimport - setting StringType fields to null
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 20:28:10 +0000
I have my own object attribute defined as StringType. I can set it quite happily to a value, but how do I set it back to the empty string??? If I have "" as the data field in my blah.import file, the value in the object database is """". If I leave it off entirely then nvdbimport complains there are insufficient values supplied. Single quotes dont work either - I end up with a value of "''" (ie double quote single quote single quote double quote). NULL as a value in blah.import gives an object attribute of "NULL".

Any good ideas?
Thanks,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565