Re: [nv-l]web client icon spacing (was Adding entries to the Web Applet

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l]web client icon spacing (was Adding entries to the Web Applet menus.)
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:40:11 -0500

All I've been able to do is to stretch the icons way out on the server
map. If you have them set up side by side, the server and the web
client, you can play with it. I've been able to arrange them so that they
do not overlap on the web, but only by spreading them WAY out on
the server. The web client seems determined to keep the icons
as big as possible.

Perhaps there are some settings on the PC that interact with this?

Detroit

                      "CATALINA MARTINEZ"

                      <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.s        To:
<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      tate.tx.us>                     cc:

                                                      Subject:  Re: [nv-l]
Adding entries to the Web Applet menus.
                      12/11/2002 03:29 PM

Is there a simple way of making the icons bigger on the Web? my map is all
crunched up..I tried adjusting it but it remains all bunched up in the
center.

Does anyone know when there will be an Advance Netview class here in the
US? I check the training schedule on a regular basis but have not seen it..
Is it under a different name/title?

>>> Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk> 11/08/02 10:27AM >>>
Hi Bernard,
I have been playing with this functionality just this week and have got it
to work.  I've added new items to existing menus, modified the right-button
menu and created my own menu.  I have NOT had any response to my earlier
forum append asking if there is any architecture-type documentation though.

One does feel that you have a very small example in the 7.1.3 Release Notes
and there is a huge behemoth of "stuff" that you really need to comprehend
- Java, JavaScript, Java Beans, XML,.....

I am hoping to update the Advanced NetView class to include this stuff.  If
you are interested in a copy of my working files, drop me a note privately.

Cheers,
Jane

bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3
>
> Is anyone aware of how to add entries to the Web Applet menus.   We would
like to add some entries (and a new menu item) that would launch some
scripts and give back the results in an http page.   I know there is an
example in the 7.1.3 release notes, but this refuses to works, perhaps I
missed something.   Is there any special things to look for ?

> even more, is it possible to make those scripts interact with the user ?
>
> Any inlights most appreciated,
>
> Bernard Baudoux,
> Fortis Banque.
>
> This email and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction,
> copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this
communication
> is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender
> immediately and then delete this email.
> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or
> incomplete, or contain viruses.
> The sender therefore is in no way liable for any errors or omissions in
the
> content of this message, which may arise as a result of email
transmission.
> If verification is required, please request a hard copy.

> *NOTE*
> This is not an Offical Tivoli Support forum. If you need immediate
> assistance from Tivoli please call the IBM Tivoli Software Group
> help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.