RE: [nv-l] Help : On Version : f.on_version

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Help : On Version : f.on_version
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:40:05 -0500
Thanks for the info ... this points me in the right direction.

The symptoms being exhibited are on 1 of my 2 remote consoles, I am getting
incorrect results.  Situation:

1 - AIX Netview Server
2 - AIX remote display to 1
L - Linux remote display to 1 (this is the new hardware release)

On 1 and 2, my version information is coming up correct.  On L, my version
is coming up incorrect.  2 and L use the same remote shell, export DISPLAY
functionality to access 1.  The Version being displayed on L is a few
versions old.  This is the weird part, it would be more understandable if L
was displaying garbage or an uninitialized variable, but it is not ... the
data is valid, but old.

I have a few other things to look at, but if there is anything that comes to
mind, maybe an ENV variable or init script, please let me know.  I know this
is a configuration issue on my side, but I have never worked with the
version facility before and am not sure where to start.

Thanks,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated