[nv-l] udp_recvspace vs tcp_recvspace

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] udp_recvspace vs tcp_recvspace
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:44:04 -0400

For systems that are short of memory and being flooded with unsolicited
traps that cannot be turned off for a while, I wonder if this approach
would be appropriate: reduce the 'no' setting for udp_recvspace to
something rather smaller, but leave tcp_recvspace at the correct value.
Would this cause trapd to miss out on incoming traps, but still get all of
the Netview - generated ones? Trapd is handling the flood fine, but nvcorrd
can't keep up. Just wondering... My next suggestion is going to be an MLM
on the same box.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager