[nv-l] Correlation question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Correlation question
From: JamesHorwath@glic.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 08:42:37 -0400
Hi folks,

I am somewhat of a newbie running NetView, I have used other network management products in the past.  I am running V7R1 on AIX 4.3.  I am using NetView to monitor segments, routers, switches and Unix Nodes.  I am attempting to setup a correlation rule which will prevent a page going out for every node on a segment if the segment goes belly-up.   Can I create one rule per segment and apply said rule to every node on the segment?  Or do I need to create and apply a correlation individually to each node on the segment.  Here is what I want to avoid.  If segment X.Y.Z is unavailable I do not want 50 pages sent to staff, one for each node on X.Y.Z saying the node in unavailable.  I am looking at Section 5 of the Administrators guide.  Is there a place with a clear example of what I am trying to do?  I mustn't be the first guy trying to do this.  I have searched the web and didn't find an exam! ple.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Horwath