RE: [nv-l] NetView can not find some interfaces

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NetView can not find some interfaces
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 07:36:00 -0400
community public with read access?

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated
Office:  (410) 266-2006
FAX:  (410) 573-3026

-----Original Message-----
From: ozcan@sibnet.com.tr [mailto:ozcan@sibnet.com.tr]
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 8:51 AM
To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] NetView can not find some interfaces

Hi everbody,

I have NetView 7.1.3 for NT with fixpack on Windows2000 Server wtih service
pack3.

I discover my network and see that some interfaces on some routers are not
found(some of them are leased-line and some of them are frame-relay).

For example, I have a router and  I configure 10 interfaces of it. I show
six of them on NetView but four of the interfaces are not shown. I activate
cdp for these interfaces. But still nothing is changed. The strange part of
it that I install another NetView for testing , and see that the new one can
find these interfaces but on the other hand can not find some of the
interfaces that the first NetView found before.  I can not understand what
is happening. I have about forty routers in my network and now I can not see
about 15 interfaces of them.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

ÖZCAN ÇAVU?

SIBNET BILGISAYAR
Atatürk Cad,Ulya Engin i? merkezi No:68/8 Kat:5
Kozyata?y, Kadyköy ISTANBUL