[nv-l] NetView can not find some interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] NetView can not find some interfaces
From: ozcan@sibnet.com.tr
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:51:14 +0300

Hi everbody,

I have NetView 7.1.3 for NT with fixpack on Windows2000 Server wtih service pack3.

I discover my network and see that some interfaces on some routers are not found(some of them are leased-line and some of them are frame-relay).

For example, I have a router and  I configure 10 interfaces of it. I show six of them on NetView but four of the interfaces are not shown. I activate cdp for these interfaces. But still nothing is changed. The strange part of it that I install another NetView for testing , and see that the new one can find these interfaces but on the other hand can not find some of the interfaces that the first NetView found before.  I can not understand what is happening. I have about forty routers in my network and now I can not see about 15 interfaces of them.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

ÖZCAN ÇAVUŞ

SIBNET BILGISAYAR
Atatürk Cad,Ulya Engin iş merkezi No:68/8 Kat:5
Kozyatağı, Kadıköy ISTANBUL