Re: [nv-l] Node polling and configuration question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Node polling and configuration question
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:30:08 -0400
Type in xnmsnmpconf from the command line as root, select it from the GUI
Options --> SNMP Configuration.   All this is controlled from there.  What
you are talking about is altering the Timeouts and Retry counts for status
polling.     If you have never made changes here before, then highlight
the one entry for the Global Default and make changes to that, changing
the target into your address ranges (which should not overlap).  Then use
the Add button to add your new selection.  It will appear in the IP
Wildcard section.    Individual nodes go in the Node, section; entries
controlled by smartset membership in the bottom.
I'm not aware of any examples on the web, but there is online help from
the xnmsnmpconf GUI, assuming that you installed the books.  That will
give you the field-level help that I think you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

JamesHorwath@glic.com
06/02/2003 02:00 PM