[nv-l] NV Data Warehouse Enablement

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NV Data Warehouse Enablement
From: "Cowan, Christopher" <Christopher_Cowan@sra.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:27:51 -0400
Anyone installed this yet?

I have the CD, and test 7.1.3 installation on Linux, and production on
Solaris.  (Don't ask why I have different platforms)

I've performed the following steps:
- Installed the efix on both test and production Netview instance.  (It
caused my netmon to core on the production Solaris machine, that I since
have applied IY42214 on).
- Ran the installation script for the pack on both.   Neither show any
errors, but there isn't a tdwdaemon object registered in ovsuf on either
machine.   In fact, there isn't anything in /usr/OV/lrf either.

The docs are very unclear, but I am assuming that the "Availability"
database is some sort of ODS that is actually installed as part of the
Netview "Warehouse Pack".

I'm also assuming that the tdwdaemon if it were running ;) uses JDBC to make
it's connection, and may not (?) require that a DB2 client actually be
installed on the NetView server.

Would appreciate hearing from someone either on or off line to confirm this.

--
Chris Cowan
Sr. ESM Consultant