[nv-l] Subnet and Default Route Changes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Subnet and Default Route Changes
From: "Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:05:46 -0500
NetView 7.1.3 AIX 4.3.3

Our Network Engineering Team is getting ready to change the subnet mask and
default route for one of our networks and I was wondering what I am going to
see in NetView when this happens.

Since every box in that subnet is going to have the adapter reconfigured for
the new subnet mask and default route what will NetView show for these
nodes?

If the node has a single adapter, will NetView show that node as down and
then rediscover it with the new interface information or will it simply
update the object with the new information?

If the node has more than one interface and the other interface is on
another network will NetView delete the interface that changes and add a new
interface with the new configuration?

Thanks for your assistance,

Scott Bursik
PepsiCo Business Solutions Group