Re: [nv-l] NetView Maps Problem

To: "Haibo Yang" <hbyang@sysway.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView Maps Problem
From: nraaman@chennai.tcs.co.in
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:12:54 +0530
Cc: "nv-l@lists.tivoli.com" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Hi haibo,

In NetView 7.1.3 you can get only default map. In our case when we using
NetView 7.1.1 our
own customized maps displayed in the webconsole. But in the 7.1.3 & 7.1.2
version this
feature is not there. Because the whole mapdb and topology DB is updated over
WAN link,
this cause the unnessecary link utilization.

Thanks & Regards
N.Raaman(Ramamoorthy)
Asst.Engineer,
NOC-Chennai,
Ph:044-55502164,
VOIP:4504.

                    "Haibo Yang"

                    <hbyang@syswa        To:     "nv-l@lists.tivoli.com"
<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                    y.com>               cc:

                                         Subject:     [nv-l] NetView Maps
Problem
                    13/08/2003

                    12:58 PM

Hello, List:

Netview 7.1.3; Windows 2000 Pro with Pack2

The netview is installed in a standalone mode. And I have recreated several
maps for
different administrative purposes. But from a webconsole or a web browser, I
can only
connect to the default map. Is there a configuration file to modify to enable
me to
connect more than the default map? Otherwise, If I install my netview in a
server/client
mode, can I connect to different maps from client side?

Many thanks in advance.

Bruce Yang
0086-755-26743243
hbyang@syswasy.com