[nv-l] NetView using wpostesmg

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] NetView using wpostesmg
From: "Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:02:03 -0500
NetView 7.1.3 AIX 4.3.3

This is a little off topic, but I thought I would throw it out there and
offer it as a FYI as well.

I am using wpostemsg to send some of the NetView events into TEC. I have IBM
3584 Tape Library whos traps exceed the 255 character limit of wpostemsg so
the messages get cut off. Has anyone else had this issue? I used the
mib2trap utility to import the trap configuration for the tape library so I
know I can edit the shell script it generates to shorten the messages, but I
would rather not have to.

Any framework pros out there know if there are any plans to change the
restriction/limitation to wpostemsg?

Thanks,

Scott Bursik