[nv-l] OV-Node Down Filters

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] OV-Node Down Filters
From: allen.lutz@pb.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:58:30 -0400

I'm not a Netview expert even though I support the Netview systems here...such fun. That said, I was wondering if someone could give me a quick overview of how the OV-Node Down is generated. I was told a while back that its as a result of failing pings. What constitutes a failed ping? Is it a total loss of packets or is it any failed packet? If its the later then I need to create a rule to only fire when all packets fail.

We have smartsets (list of servers) that are fed into rules that have a 5 minute timer before sending to TEC.

Pitney Bowes
Tivoli Systems Management Team
421-2579, 203-739-2579
Pager: Skytel, 8773220163