Re: [nv-l] raw data format of Netview Grapher

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] raw data format of Netview Grapher
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:51:45 -0400

Or your could install the database component and regularly dump the data to
a relational database (via the RIM) where you can do with it what you will
using the tools of your choice.

Detroit

                      John Bruer

                      <ad572@yahoo.com>        To:       John Luk
<John.Luk@gov.ab.ca>
                                               cc:
"'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      09/10/2003 12:14         Subject:  Re: [nv-l] raw data
format of Netview Grapher
                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

John Luk <John.Luk@gov.ab.ca> writes:

> Hi,
> We are running Netview V7.1 Grapher.  Everything works fine except that
the
> graph as generated by Netview does not address all our formatting and
> statistical needs.  We want to be able to use other statistic and
graphing
> tools against the raw data collected.
> The collected raw data file appears to be a simple text file which can be
> easily exported into our statistic tools.  However, we are not sure about
> the format of the raw data file, the first and second columns appears to
be
> the start/end time of certain format, the other columns appears to be
> related to the absolute/relative counter readings...
> Is the format of the raw collection file documentation somewhere ?  your
> help on this will be much appreciated !
> John Luk

You will be thrilled to know that there's a command that dumps the
collection database so you don't need to know the raw file format.  :-)

# man snmpColDump

snmpColDump(1)

  Purpose

  Dumps, in ASCII, or modifies data collected by snmpCollect.

  Syntax

       snmpColDump [-TIpfstoiu] [-l Object-ID] [-L Object-ID] filename

       snmpColDump [-r asciifile filename]

  Description

jb

*NOTE*